Mid-South Environmental Balancing Bureau
The Mid-South Environmental Balancing Bureau (MEBB) is a local chapter of NEBB that serves NEBB Certified Firms, NEBB Professionals, and NEBB Technicians located in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. NEBB’s certification training and testing programs are the most rigorous in the industry. A NEBB certification is tangible proof of the adherence to NEBB Procedural Standards. Our mission is to establish, promote, and maintain high quality standards through the certification of firms, professionals, and technicians.
NEBB exists to help architects, engineers, building owners and contractors construct quality buildings with HVAC systems that perform in ways they have been visualized and designed. Each discipline is anchored by a NEBB Procedural Standard that provides guidelines for work to be performed. NEBB has also created technical manuals, training materials and seminars to enhance and support each discipline. NEBB certified firms meet certain criteria, ensuring strict conformance to its high standards and procedures.
The principal duties of this chapter include the following:
- To abide by the provisions established in the latest edition of the Operational Guide for Chapters as published by the National Environmental Balancing Bureau
- To establish and provide educational programs to ensure the highest quality standards are met by NEBB Certified Professionals, NEBB Technicians and NEBB Certified Firms
- To verify that firms making application for NEBB certification meet the certification requirements established by NEBB and that those already certified continue to meet the NEBB standards going through a recertification process every two years
- To promote NEBB Certification Programs
- To maintain the quality standards established by NEBB
- To implement local action as required under the NEBB Quality Assurance Program (QAP)