Fume Hood Performance Testing (FHT)
Fume Hood Testing Certification Requirements for Firms
In order to become NEBB Certified in Fume Hood Testing, a firm must:
- Enjoy a reputation for integrity and responsible performance. Six letters of endorsement, five from consulting engineers, architects or building owners and the sixth may be from a contracting firm. All should reflect work that the applicant firm has completed. Firms who are already NEBB Certified in another discipline will not need these letters.
- Be affiliated and in good standing with a local NEBB Chapter.
- Possess the various instruments and equipment which are required; the local NEBB Chapter must visually confirm compliance.
- Confirm in writing that it will conform to the NEBB guidelines for the calibration and maintenance of the instruments and equipment required.
- Possess the current NEBB Procedural Standards for Fume Hood Testing.
- Designate in writing the Designated Certified Professional who will represent the firm and be responsible for the supervision of fume hood testing work.