Testing, Adjusting and Balancing of Environmental Systems (TAB)
TAB Certification Requirements for Firms
In order to become NEBB Certified in Testing, Adjusting and Balancing, a firm must:
- Have operated for a minimum period of 12 months continuously with full time employees as an installing piping contractor; installing sheet metal contractor; installing mechanical contractor; or contractor engaged in TAB work.
- Enjoy a reputation for integrity and responsible performance. Six letters of endorsement, five from consulting engineers, architects or building owners and the sixth may be from a contracting firm. All should reflect related work that the applicant firm has completed. Firms who are already NEBB Certified in another discipline will not need these letters.
- Be affiliated and in good standing with a local NEBB Chapter.
- Possess the required TAB instruments as outlined in the NEBB TAB Procedural Standard. The local NEBB Chapter must visually confirm compliance.
- Confirm in writing that it will conform to the NEBB guidelines for the calibration and maintenance of the required TAB instruments.
- Possess the current NEBB Procedural Standards for Testing, Adjusting and Balancing of Environmental Systems.
- Designate in writing the Designated Certified Professional who will represent the firm and be responsible for the supervision of TAB work.