Sound Measurement and Vibration Measurement (SM & VM)
Sound or Vibration Measurement Testing Requirements for Firms
Certification for Sound or Vibration (S or V) is open to firms that meet NEBB criteria, including:
- Have operated for a minimum period of 12 months continuously as an engineering firm; BSC firm; mechanical contractor; plumbing contractor; fire protection contractor; electrical contractor; testing contractor; or an adjusting and balancing (TAB) contractor.
- Enjoy a reputation for integrity and responsible performance. Six letters of endorsement from building owners or contract awarding authorities in the firm’s area are required. Firms who are already NEBB Certified in another discipline will not need these letters.
- Be a member in good standing with a local NEBB Chapter.
- Possess, or have availability to, the various instruments listed below which are required for Certification.
- Confirm in writing that it will conform to the NEBB guidelines for the calibration and maintenance of the instruments required for Certification.
- Possess the current NEBB Procedural Standards for Measurement of Sound and Vibration.
- Designate in writing the Designated Certified Professionals who will represent the firm and be responsible for the Sound and/or Vibration Measurement and Testing.