Requirements for Firm Recertification
The NEBB Chapter to which a Firm is assigned shall verify continued compliance with NEBB certification requirements for the subject Firm, as follows:
- Fees. Annual Firm recertification fees are established by the NEBB Board of Directors. A Certified Firm must pay annual fees, both MEBB and NEBB, by January 1st of each calendar year for that calendar year. Failure to pay annual fees by March 31st will result in the automatic suspension of the Firm’s certification. Failure to pay annual fees by June 30th will result in the automatic decertification of the Firm.
- Application. A Certified Firm must apply for recertification every two years. Firm recertification applications and supporting documentation are due to MEBB no later than November 1st of the year preceding the stamp expiration date. Applications submitted after November 1st are subject to a late fee. Resolution of any errors or omissions of the Firm recertification package must be resolved by March 31st or suspension procedures will apply per section 4.5.2 of these Operational Procedures. Firm recertification packages received by NEBB from the Chapter with a recommendation for recertification after January 1st may result in delays in the Firm receiving updated stamps and certificates by the March 31st expiration date shown on stamps and certificates.
- In Connection with each recertification application, MEBB shall verify continued compliance with NEBB certification requirements for the subject Firm, as follows:
- The Firm must confirm in writing that, for each Discipline in which the Firm is certified, its Designated NEBB Certified Professional shall be a full time, management level employee of the Firm, located and primarily working at the Firm address listed with NEBB. NEBB defines full time employment as a minimum average of thirty (30) hours per work week. The Designated Certified Professional shall be responsible for ensuring that the NEBB Certified Firm and all other NEBB Certified Professionals and Technicians in the office the Designated Certified Professional serves perform services in accordance with all NEBB Procedural Standards and comply with these Operational Procedures.
- The Firm must continue to meet the instrument requirements of the Procedural Standards for each discipline certification it holds.
- The Firm must submit a re-executed “Code of Ethics” and “Agreement to Arbitrate” as part of the recertification application, signed by an appropriate officer or owner in the Firm authorized to bind the Firm.
- The Firm’s Designated Certified Professional will acknowledge reading and being bound by the current edition of NEBB’s Bylaws, Operational Procedures, Procedural Standards and other governing documents by separate signature in the Firm’s recertification application.
- From each Certified Firm at least one (1) employee in a management position, preferably the Designated Certified Professional, shall attend a NEBB Chapter recertification seminar annually.
For information regarding recertification for Certified Professionals and Certified Technicians, please visit the NEBB website at www.nebb.org/certified/nebbs_recertification_program, or call the NEBB office at (301) 977-3698.